Prev: Glen's website Next: Re: Hanger Bay question

RE: Hanger Bay question

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 18:20:41 +0100
Subject: RE: Hanger Bay question

In message <B18DDC5F1158D311A66900805FD47181C89B8D@VSTASV1>
	  "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:

> Hangers are hangers; although it would make sense that you couldn't
launch
> as fast due to the small craft not fitting into the combat launch
system (or
> however they're launched in your universe).  It's more common to be
> dedicated.
> There's no limit on the size of the craft bay (although multiples of 2
mass
> are more efficient due to the 50% mass cost).  The UNSC SDNs I gave a
2
> fighter bay at 3 mass to carry 2 LR fighters for recon duty.

Interestingly enough (or not) I was thinking about my own semi-modular
UNSC designs when I posted the question - I'm thinking of giving the SDN
command hull module (used for both SDN and SDN-X) a mass 18
multi-purpose hanger - the SDN would typically carry 1 escort fighter
squadron + 1 MASS 6 assault lander - while the SDN-X would carry either
2 MASS 6 scout ships/pinnaces or 1 scout ship + 1 long range fighter
squad.

This would obviously vary with mission - I can see an SDN-X acting as
the command base for an elite roving special ops squad (part of U.N.
Intelligence Taskforce, maybe? :-) ) in which case fit a barracks module
in place of one cargo module, and carry a couple of long-range stealth
assault landers.

> Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
> [Pirates] Dame Captain Washalot
> [DitD] Captain Puppilier

[snip mu old msg]

--

Prev: Glen's website Next: Re: Hanger Bay question