Prev: [OT] Summer Reading List Next: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@p...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:09:35 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] Summer Reading List

I highly recommend the Starfist series by David Sherman and Dan Cragg
(four books out already and counting) and also the latest series by Rick
Shelley (Officer Cadet-Lieutenant Colonel, five books so far), as well
as anything else by him.

Mark

Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:

> Since traffic is a bit light thought I'd share this with you all.
Recently we
> had a thread "Suggested Sci-Fi",
> I took all the related suggestions and complied them in this list.
I've also
> added to it as books are recomended.
> Feel free to email me your additonal military sci-fi suggestions off
list, or on
>  list if you wish.
>
> Suggested Reading List
>
> - "Culture" sieres by Iain Banks also Player of Games, and Use of
Weapons
> - Lois Bujold, any
> - Terry Pratchett, not necessarily sci fi (but what? )
> - The rest of David Weber Harrington books
> - Winning Colors, Once a Hero, Rules of Engagement, and others by
Elizabeth Moon
> - Poul Anderson's Dominc Flandry books
> - Robert Frezza's "A Small Colonial War", "Fire in a Faraway Place",
and
> "Cain's Land
> - James P Hogan's "Voyage from Yesteryear"
> - Starcruiser Shenandoah series by Roland Green
> - These Green Foreign Hills by Roland Green
> - Sten series by Alan Cole and Chris Bunch
> - Sassinak and Generation Warriors by McCaffrey and Moon
> - Rogue Powers and Torch of Honor by Roger Macbride Allen
> - Profiteer, Partisan, and Revolutionary by Andrew Swann
> - Texas Triumphant by Daniel da Cruz
> - Niven and Pournelle's Footfall, Lucifer's Hammer and The Legacy of
Herot
> - Semper Mars, Luna Marine and the latest, Europa Strike, by "Ian
Douglas"