Prev: Re: Retrograde skirmishers Next: Re: Retrograde skirmishers

RE: [FT] Fighter customization

From: Mark Harvey <mark@b...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:45:13 -0700
Subject: RE: [FT] Fighter customization

Tom, I also had worked out a fighter customization formula.  Mine had
mostly
just common items involved, I liked some of your extra options, such as
Mecha Clamps.  Here is the formula I have been using, its goal was to
make
sure that if you built the specialized fighter types listed in the rule
books, they would come out to the same cost.  The one difference though
is
that some types such as Interceptors, can still attack ships, they are
just
extremely bad at it.
Cost is per fighter, not Squadron:

Base Cost = 1

Speed	Cost			Endurance    Cost
==========		    ===============
12	    0				 3		 0
24	   +1				6	       +1
36	   +2				9	       +2

Dogfight Bonus	  Cost		   AntiShip Bonus   Cost
=================	    ==================
-2			   -2			     -2 	      -2
-1			   -1			     -1 	      -1
0			   0			     0		      0
+1			  +2			   +1		   +3
+2			  +4			   +2		   +6

Armor Level	  Cost
================
none		       0
as Screen lv1	   +2
as Screen lv2	   +4

Torps = +3
Enhanced Sensors = +2
Cargo Space = +1 per space (plus 1 mass per space)

Add these modifiers to the base of 1, if the total is less than 1, then
the
cost is 1 (ie minimum value of 1).
Comments?  Does this seem balanced?

-Mark