Prev: Re: Retrograde skirmishers Next: Re: Forcing fights

Re: Crowbars

From: "Christopher K Smith" <smithck72@h...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:30:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Crowbars

----- Original Message -----
From: <KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de>
To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 7:44 AM

> 3) The superior side are so kind-hearted that they voluntarily refrain
> from using it - which would make them alien indeed :-(

On this note, I was thinking of a way to have an alien race invade earth
ala
Harry Turtledove's World at War series.  But I want this group of aliens
have FTL, so they would have a decided edge in the tech area.  Anyway,
the
only way I could think of to keep the aliens form just dropping some
asteroids on the planet, or using a biological weapon, was to give them
some
type of moral imperative against using such tactics.  Something along
the
lines of: If you are unwilling to risk personal injury or death to deny
the
same to another, then your action is immoral.

Anybody got any other ideas.  Since this is kinda OT you can reply to me
directly if you want.

Christopher K Smith
SR MECH Auburn University
Homepage http://www.auburn.edu/~smithck

Prev: Re: Retrograde skirmishers Next: Re: Forcing fights