Prev: Re_ Forcing fights, Skirmishers, dreadplanits, convoys and rubber ducks Next: Re: thrust-1 zigzag

Re: GZG Fighter bases

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: GZG Fighter bases

On 13-Jun-00 at 16:17, Mark Reindl (mreindl@pacbell.net) wrote:
> Hehe, I use bases from the Evil Empire (GW) and mount 1 fighter per
base
> with a small piece of wire on the back of the base to hold small beads
> representing fighters.  When the fighters die, pull off the correct
> number of beads.  It also allows me to use different colored beads to
> represent different types of fighters, so there's no confusion about
> which is which.  I'm thinking I may add another rod to represent CEF
as
> well, although my fighters have a tendency not to survive long enough
> worry about it :)
>
> Mark
>
> Thomas Pope wrote:
> >

> > They're also nice if you like to visually represent your fighter
numbers
> > without dice.  I put some felt on the bottom and drilled out the
holes so
> > I can add and remove fighters (glued to bits of wire) at will.  It
> > significantly reduces the number of bases I need for fighters, and
makes
> > them easier to store.
> >
> > The downside is that I have to paint up more fighters than the
static 1-3
> > per base method, but I don't mind that so much.
> >
> > Tom

I was thinking about using the wire with beads for CEF since it could
range up to 9.	For fighters I was looking at using the earing clips
suggested here, that way I can have a dozen or so bases and as many
fighters as I can superglue and paint clips on.

Roger

Prev: Re_ Forcing fights, Skirmishers, dreadplanits, convoys and rubber ducks Next: Re: thrust-1 zigzag