Prev: Re: Forcing fights Next: Re: GZG Fighter bases

RE: GZG Fighter bases

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:37:51 -0400
Subject: RE: GZG Fighter bases

> Yes, we now do a cast metal hex base (about an inch across) with a
> depression for a small die or counter, and six cast-in holes to take
short
> wire lengths (wire not supplied) to put the fighters on. They are 0.75
UKP
> each (they're quite thick and heavy). They need a little work to mount
the
> wires and fighters, but look very effective if you use different wire
> lengths to put the fighters at different heights.

They're also nice if you like to visually represent your fighter numbers
without dice.  I put some felt on the bottom and drilled out the holes
so I
can add and remove fighters (glued to bits of wire) at will.  It
significantly reduces the number of bases I need for fighters, and makes
them easier to store.

The downside is that I have to paint up more fighters than the static
1-3
per base method, but I don't mind that so much.

Tom

Prev: Re: Forcing fights Next: Re: GZG Fighter bases