Prev: Re: thrust-1 zigzag Next: Re: Retrograde gimmickry

RE: Retrograde gimmickry

From: "Andrew Apter" <apter@p...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 00:51:49 -0400
Subject: RE: Retrograde gimmickry

With all the fun we have had with the dreadplanet we must remember it is
limited to a 5000 point game. When we look at this in a campaign sense
means
a major concentration of forces.  What a big ship like this gives up is
the
ability to redistribute the forces after the battle.  The dreadplanet is
good shock ship to spearhead an offensive.  It can be forced to FTL by a
lesser value of skirmishers if used in the defense. Slow ships have more
room for weapons. Fast ships can better control range and avoid
fighters,
missiles, etc.	There are reasons to have both fast an slow ships in a
well
balanced fleet.  Try preparing 4 fleets for each side and drawing one at
random for the battle this is more like the problem of a commander in
the
field trying to work with what he has at hand.

Andy A

Prev: Re: thrust-1 zigzag Next: Re: Retrograde gimmickry