Prev: Re: Pre-measuring things Next: Re: FT: needle beam targets

Re: FT: needle beam targets

From: Tom Granvold <Thomas.Granvold@e...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 17:02:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT: needle beam targets

Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net> wrote:
> On 31-May-00 at 17:53, GBailey@aol.com (GBailey@aol.com) wrote:
> > Do you have to specify the exact weapon when firing at a weapon
> > type with needle beams?  For example, this "behemoth" we are
> > plotting to kill has 2 or 3 class-5 beams with different arcs.  Do
> > you have to specify which class-5 by its arcs or can you say
> > "any class-5 beam" and the target's player gets to choose?
> > Or can both be used (if I specify the arcs it has to be that weapon
> > or if I give a class he can choose any one of them)?

> What are you going to do if it uses many class 1s?  You take out
> its drive so now it has unlimited arcs with all those 1s.

   But if the drives are taken out, your not able to rotate either.
At least that's how I understand it.

    BTW, I never did like the rule in cinematic movement that said
if your speed is zero then you can rotate to any heading in one turn.
It just made a special case out of "zero speed" that doesn't really
exist.

Enjoy,
Tom Granvold				<thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>

Prev: Re: Pre-measuring things Next: Re: FT: needle beam targets