Prev: Re: FT: needle beam targets Next: Re: FT: needle beam targets

Re: Pre-measuring things

From: Chris Holden <chris@t...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 00:28:08 +0100
Subject: Re: Pre-measuring things

Hi all,
I'll just unlurk from the depths of space in which I've been hiding to
give
my take on the pre-measuring issue...
Okay, so hi-tech ships would have advanced tactical/plotting systems,
but
they'd also have some pretty serious EW if they expected not be venting
atmosphere in short order, so not measuring/plotting predicted moves is
how
I personally like it. And my MK I's aren't too hot - I definitely don't
have a sniper's eye : )
I always thought that the players' brains were where all the high tech
battle computer, intership net, sensors, rangefinding gizmos, battle
plot
etc resided, and the rules just made it fun to play out our fantasies of

starship command. Not that I'm against pre-measuring on principle, I
just
don't think that the tech argument for it holds water.
Chris.

Prev: Re: FT: needle beam targets Next: Re: FT: needle beam targets