Prev: Re: Announcing Next: RE: Announcing

Re: Re: [FT] Missing ships

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:15:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Re: [FT] Missing ships

***
Ships are not acquired just for purely military reasons, prestige often
plays a significant role in the decision.And players buy a mini because
it
looks cool.
***

Just remember, these tend to be held back from REAL danger as much as
possible. If I recall, many units in Argentina navy were held back from
the
Falklands/Malvinas brew-ups because of difficulty of repair/replace. AND
they would have been pretty easy to whack.

As an aside, I'd like to suggest some 'missing' ships might actually
still
be in the navy. In the ESU, front line/deep space commanders use, er,
creative bookkeeping and acquistion. My DD patrol flotilla has attached
two
Gorchov's, a Beijing ADFC variant, and a frigate. VERY creative...

The Gorchov's were being returned to the reserve fleet, and the Beijing
was
refused reassignment berths after accompaning BDN to it's death to FSE
missle salvoes. The BDN's captain was a fool, but the Bejing garnered
the
rep as a hard-luck ship, and few admirals believe in the iron wall of
fate
like ESU force commanders.

Duty aboard the 'flying ghettos' is even worse given the storage of
replacements of SM's. Rotation to the Escort Cruiser, fitted as it is as
plush fleet ship, is a prized form of reward.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: Announcing Next: RE: Announcing