Prev: Re: Measuring things... Next: Re: [FT] Missing ships

RE: Measuring things...

From: "Owen Glover" <oglover@b...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 19:15:37 +1000
Subject: RE: Measuring things...

Just to add my 2Cents worth....having started in WRG Ancients, I've had
some
REALLY bad experiences with opponents doing this; but the problem was
not
the pre-measuring, it was in the context they did it. Personally what
really
irks is people who measure and then move to NOT quite one of your
effective
ranges but just within an advantageous range to them!I have no problem
with
someone measuring to see which taret is closest etc; as someone has
mentioned; in a Sci-Fi setting your forces will have access to
sophisticated
targetting capabilities. I guess though it still all comes down to what
is
accepted practice in your gaming group. Competitions tend to be all out
"competitive" so human nature will out.

Cheers,

Owen G

Basic/Enhanced/Superior