Prev: Re: Panzergrenadier was: Perry Rhodan Models Next: Re: (FT, DS2, SG) Web Page

Re: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 20:50:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS/SG]Strategic Stargrunt

Denny Graver wrote:

> I'm thinking of running a SG/DS PBEMbattle using the chain
> of command, fog of war, LOS etc - fighting the out a game based on
say.. The
> Ogre Scenario: Ceasefire collapse would be interesting, I think.
Obviously
> the game scales are different, and GZG powered armour troops don#t
shoot
> I'm still formulating my ideas on this, but it would run like a
kreigspiel
> style
> game with unit commanders knowing where the enemy is only if he can be
> seen/detected.
>
> DS Players would give general orders for their units which would
advance
> towards their objectives/waypoints at the appropriate speed.	When
forces
> make Contact the game turn would be noted and details would be sent to
> appropriate unit commanders for responses.  This might mean a battle
> resolved by Dirtside if the forces are large enough, or Stargrunt if
> Skirmish sized.
>
> Any thoughts on this, anyone ?

It may make more sense to convert SG & DS to a "hex" based game for the
purposes of mapping and movement.  These games have not lent themselves
to be done via PBeM, but that just means that the list hasn't figured
out the best way to do it yet.

Good luck...

Prev: Re: Panzergrenadier was: Perry Rhodan Models Next: Re: (FT, DS2, SG) Web Page