Prev: FB2 Sa'Vasku Generator Available Next: Re: [OT] Unsupported character sets

RE: [FT] SV Screen Node Question

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 16:43:39 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] SV Screen Node Question

Schoon wrote:
> >If Schoon's suggestion (having to power the bigger screen node first
if
> >you have different-sized screen nodes) is adopted, you'll sooner or
> >later lose the bigger node to a threshold check and have the smaller
> >one unable to operate as well (since you *can't* power the bigger
node
> >first when it is knocked down...).
>
> Actually I meant the "first node" as non-specific. Technically
> they're both
> 7.5 MASS. Any one node costs 8 to power. Both cost 15. See?

True, but since the icon for the screen node has the power required in
it,
if one had an 8 and the other a 7, then the 8 was lost due to
thresholds,
the 7 would be left but actually requires 8 power :)

That is why I also interpret the rules to mean each node is rounded
separately so this situation will not happen.

Jon, any official ruling yet?

I did put up my FTFB Design Excel spreadsheet this morning:
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/starranger.html

New features over prior verions:
General; all info on the screen at the same time for 800x600 screens and
larger
Humans; FB2 compliant, allows entry of hull mass and calculates
percentage
and crew units, includes all weapons and systems listed in FB1 including
Wave Gun, Nova Cannon, and Reflex Field.  Also enter the thrust as a
negative amount and it is calculated as advanced gravatic thrusters.
Kra'Vak; supports all KV systems from FB2
Sa'Vasku; supports SV systems from FB2 plus calculates a thrust chart,
damage rows and power generators
Phalons; supports all Phalon systems from FB2

Go ahead and download the zipfile and then see if you can break it
before I
finalize it.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: FB2 Sa'Vasku Generator Available Next: Re: [OT] Unsupported character sets