Prev: Re: Campaign costs Next: Re: Campaign costs

Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi [CLEAN STAMP]

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 23:43:12 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] Suggested Sci-Fi [CLEAN STAMP]

At 12:42 AM -0400 5/20/00, Allan Goodall wrote:
>On Fri, 19 May 2000 15:09:08 -0400, "Rick Rutherford" <Rick@esr.com>
wrote:

>>I haven't had any problems finding Iain Banks' sci-fi novels here
>>in the USA -- "Player of Games" is excellent (and would be
>>appropriate for any of the members of this list -- heh heh heh...)
>>and "Use of Weapons" is horrific and fascinating.
>
>No problem here in Canada, either. I haven't read a lot of his, but I
enjoyed
>"Player of Games". His first Culture novel wasn't bad, but this was
better.
>His non-sci-fi books are pretty good, but I'd imagine some on the list
would
>take offence by a couple of them. *S* "The Crow Road" (essentially
magic
>realism) was made into a pretty good British mini-series.
>
>Looks like it's time for me to peruse Amazon.uk again...

The Wasp Factory can best be considered as a more extreme "Catrher in
the Rye". It's a terrific psych piece about a warped youth, but oh
my. Maybe a little like South Park, but
  not done as a comedy...
--

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Campaign costs Next: Re: Campaign costs