Prev: Re: FB2 Has Arrived! Next: RE: Sa'Vasku Minis

RE: Sa'Vasku Minis

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:29:48 -0500
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku Minis

Brian Bell wrote
> I also use I.C.E. Silent Death miniatures.
> I also have used fishing lures (soft plastic grubs, worms, crawfish,
etc.)

I recently cruised through a local sporting goods superstore to look at
pistol cases for mini storage and lure-building components to see if any
of
the bits would work for scratchbuilding minis. I then looked at the rows
of
bins of the squishy worms and grubs. With many different sizes and some
with
a single curly tail, others with 3, and some with none so you could have
lots of different classes of ships.  A lot of different colors to select
from including some that were translucent with glitter imbedded
throughout.
The color and texture could really set them apart from all of the pewter
on
the gaming table.

I'll probably make a fleet of these after I figure out a nice way to
base
them.  Maybe gluing a large pin pointing up on a regular base then
bending
it to look like a '7' so you can easily slide the worm on the sharp
point
but since the top portion of the pin is horizontal, you can pick it up
and
the base won't fall off.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: FB2 Has Arrived! Next: RE: Sa'Vasku Minis