Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku questions Next: Re: MT missiles

Re: [FT] Battle report and questions

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 20:41:27 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Battle report and questions

Paul Radford wrote:

>It was my first use of Kra'Vak, and we both thought prior to the
battle >that the Kra'Vak would win. A change of tactics next time i
think.

The Kra'Vak are tricky to fly, yes. During the playtesting this came up
on several occasions: the standard "first impression" was that the KV
were too weak, but once the players got the hang of them they got a lot
more powerful.

>>Mmm not sure if that actually makes sense seeings as the KV aren't
>>paying for screens either (and the SV have sacrificed mass to the
>>node even if they don't use it).
>
>True, the KV are not paying for screens. Against any other opponent at
>all, the Sa'Vasku would have to use power allocation for defence to
>power up screen nodes.

Against missile- or P-torp-heavy fleets I wouldn't bother with the
screens. Against Phalons, now... <g>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku questions Next: Re: MT missiles