Prev: [DSII] DSII stats for K'Kree Next: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning

Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 21:48:33 -0400
Subject: Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000

On Mon, 15 May 2000 17:48:03 -0500, "Dean Gundberg"
<dean.gundberg@noridian.com> wrote:

>> No periods,	"sic" means "thus" in Latin.  As in the motto of
>> Virginia, "sic semper tyrannis!" -- "thus always to tyrants!"
>
>I think he meant 'Spelling Is Correct' since the previous word was
"Centre"
>not the more common form 'Center'

"Centre" is the correct spelling. Only Americans spell it "center" and
until
the 1920s (and the movement in the US to simplify spelling) it was
spelled
"centre" too. Comes from the French, initially, because English steals
from
just about every language it comes across. *S*

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: [DSII] DSII stats for K'Kree Next: Re: Random thoughts on campaigning