Prev: Re: [SC] Stellar Conquest PBEM Next: Dragon Con

Re: Assumptions...

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 13:46:53 PDT
Subject: Re: Assumptions...

>From: Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us>
>To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
>Subject: Re: Assumptions...
>Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 16:14:07 -0400 (EDT)
>

>Did I mention you anywhere in the post?  I would have needed to go back
>through and found out who it was that has violently been arguing that
>space colonization costs too much, provides no return on investment,
and
>is unrealistic.  Thus, no game.

IIRC, noone has been doing that.  I HAVE been arguing that space
colonization will be so expensive at first that it will take more than
just
the desire of individuals to get away from an overcrowded planet for it
happen.  It will require quite a few different factors, all of which
have
been discussed QUITE indepth at this point.

If you were not referring to this discussion, I apologize for my
response.
If you were, I invite you to reread the thread as far as possible to
understand just what the jist of the discussion was.

Brian

Prev: Re: [SC] Stellar Conquest PBEM Next: Dragon Con