Prev: Re: FT: "official" entry rules Next: Re: A big problem for the next 100 years - energy demands

Re: FT: Wave Guns

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 14:28:05 EDT
Subject: Re: FT: Wave Guns

>>Do others think that Wave Guns are too expensively balanced?
>
>No, I played a SDN game at the last GenCon (or was it the one before?)
and
>had very little trouble lining up shots.
>
>Schoon

Were those shots on multiple targets?  Mine weren't since they
split up a little but I was able to target at least one ship with the
WGs on 4 of the 5 game turns.  But, that had a little to do with
a planet being in their way, their  ships' MD were 2 and mine
were 6.  But several of the ships did not have a target on most
of the turns so that massive weapon was useless.  Their secondary
weapons were minor (1 class 2, except the SDN with 7).
I guess I'd like to use the WG as a plasma torpedo ala SFB and
wonder how the rules can be modified for balance to be able to
use the WG, other weapons, and retain the shields.  One arc,
one target, roll to hit like a pulse torpedo (maybe extend each
range band a little to reach 36"), and keep its charge and damage
to own ship if hit?

Also, were you using vector or cinematic?  We were using cinematic.

Glen

Prev: Re: FT: "official" entry rules Next: Re: A big problem for the next 100 years - energy demands