Prev: Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000 Next: Re: Entry speeds

Re: Sa'Vasku

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 18:03:48 +0200
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku

Paul Owen wrote:

> Just a thought but if the Sa'Vasku can re absord fighters would it
> also be possible for larger ships to absorb smaller ships in order to

> repair themselves / reload their bio in order to create more fighters

> etc, we tried this recently when a player wanted to launch more
> fighters than he had bio for he absorbed a smaller ship and
> received its bio mass so he could then launch more fighters, seems
> a bit of a waste but hey he wanted to do it...

As long as the "womb" absorbing the smaller ship is at least 50% the
size of said smaller ship and you only absorb the bio-mass, you should
be OK.

Eg., if you want to absorb a Sa'An'Tha (TMF10) you need a womb which
takes up at least 5 Mass in the mothership, and you'd absorb only the 3
bio-mass and not the 7 remaining Mass. The Mass 3 drone wombs described
in FB2 can't handle ships larger than 6 Mass.

"Assembling"/"giving birth to" anything larger than a drone fighter
takes much too long to be done during a battle though, so the above
process is strictly one-way - you can *absorb* the bio-mass of a
smaller ship, but you can't use existing bio-mass to create a smaller
ship!

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [Review] Space Dreadnought 3000 Next: Re: Entry speeds