Prev: Re: [fh] why justify? was Re: [OT]-Interstellar Trade: A new take Next: Re: 40K to SG2

Re: FW: MT missiles

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 00:22:30 -0400
Subject: Re: FW: MT missiles

IMHO Arc limits shouldn't be necesessary, as the missle goes faster,
it's
maneuverablity doesn't change...this means it must make larger and
larger turns
as it goes faster.  If it goes too fast, it will be near useless.

Maybe the firing player should be allowed in vector games to "program"
the
missle's maximum speed, and then let it accelerate until it reaches this
speed
or the limit of it's endurance.

(BTW, I never understood why a number of space games insist on letting
missles
move one way -- during their own part of the turn.  And fighters move
another
way -- also during their own phase of the turn.  Neither of which is
related to
the way ships move in those games.  Seems to me that they are all in
space, so
they should all move/maneuver the same way.  Just MHO.)

Donald Hosford