Prev: Re: MT missiles Next: Re: FW: MT missiles

Re: [fh] why justify? was Re: [OT]-Interstellar Trade: A new take

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 02:13:27 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [fh] why justify? was Re: [OT]-Interstellar Trade: A new take

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Laserlight wrote:

> >no, we haven't; in fact, playability is one of the key reasons
> we're doing
> >this. now, you are of course utterly correct that a background
> for a space
> >wargame with no colonies or trade in space would be worthless
> and dumb,
> >and that for playability we need to say that these things
> exist. however,
> >to some people, there is a big difference between saying 'this
> is so
> >because we want it to be so' and 'this so so because of the
> following
> >sensible reasons'.
>
> Which can be PSB, as long as it sounds good.	"Hey, our ships
> use Zero Point Energy drives, so of course they're more
> maneuverable."

precisely.

> > the space kitchen sink.
>
> Um, you're getting carried away here.  :-)

space carrier bags, space teapots, space electrical sockets ...

[tom is carried away by orderlies]

> >anyway, i'll finish by suggesting we pro-detailers write a
> 'justifiers'
> >manifesto'
>
> You're elected, go to it.  You have till tomorrow night for a
> first draft. :-)

based on my post. see:

http://members.xoom.com/gzg_l/justify/

this is a public website, so feel free to go in and add stuff (arguments
justifying space colonisation would be a good start).

tom

Prev: Re: MT missiles Next: Re: FW: MT missiles