Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB3 Next: RE: Thoughts on FB3

Re: Thoughts on FB3

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:29:19 +1000
Subject: Re: Thoughts on FB3

From: "Tony Francis" <tony.francis@kuju.com>

> Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
>
> > >* Some Spinal Mount Gun? The Wave Motion Gun might be OK, the Nova
Cannon is
> > >right out! I'd prefer not to have either, but the UN SuperDread
model
is
> > >crying
> > >out for one. *shrug*
> >
> > I'd rather not have this in FB3. It was unbalancing before, and I
don't
see
> > any change. However, if its mechanic were changed to something more
> > quantifiable, it could be properly balanced.

Concur.

> I'd also like to see a spinal weapon of some sort - the EFSB style
weapon
recently
> discussed on the list would be a candidate.

Concur again.

> > >Fleets
> > >* NI - here we have a problem. There are a very nice range of New
Israeli
> > >ships
> > >offered, but GZG don't make them. Perhaps we should let sleeping
dogs
lie.

> > ..and very nice ships they are. This wouldn't prevent Brigade from
> > publishing something similar (Tony?)
>
> It's something that's vaguely crossed my mind, but the not-so-little
matters of
> copyright and intellectual property would need to be sorted out. It
would
have to
> be something along the lines of an 'Approved For Use With ...'
publication, and I
> have no idea whether or not St^3 Jon would want to get into that area
(Jon
?).
> Plus, of course, it would be out of date very rapidly given our
tendency
to release
> new models. And finally, we don't make NI ships, we make SemFed ones
;-)

A Nose by any other name would smell...

I'd like to use em as NIs in any event. Have the current arrangements re
exclusivity
*slightly* changed so that GZG can sell em as well, at a greater price,
and
pocketing
the difference as its commission/licence fee? This way, instead of a
"Join
our Club
and get the opportunity to pay us money" it's "Join our club for an X%
discount on
the NI range", and GZG gets to make a little from its trademark if
bought
(in)direct. *shrug*
The tricky bit is the SSDs, if they're in FB3 they shouldn't be on the
web
while it's in print.

But this is a suggestion, and people tend to get very defensive re
Intellectual Property.
And rightly so. I feel uncomfy talking about this, it's your business
not
mine. So far
everyone has been reasonable, despite there being plenty of scope for
misunderstandings
and general messiness. Hence the somnolent canine remark.

Prev: Re: Thoughts on FB3 Next: RE: Thoughts on FB3