Prev: Re: building a PDP-8 computer in your kitchen Next: Re: Thoughts on FB3

Re: Thoughts on FB3

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 16:12:19 +1000
Subject: Re: Thoughts on FB3

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>

> >The MT missile costs were given in FB2. So we're really bound
> by them, it would
> >need a powerful argument indeed to convince me that the Chaos
> and Confusion
> >of changing the Mass/Pts cost would be worth any benefit.
>
> (much snippage)
>
> I agree with everything except the feel of it.  I don't get the
> feeling that the MT missile as described is sufficiently
> different.

A telling point. I don't agree, but the point is, that if *you* don't
think they're flavourfull enough, odds are others will be of a like
mind. So they need a bit more pep. How to do?

> Actually what I'd like is a [long range+hit whatever's closest]
> or [short range+pick your target] choice.  Not necessarily in
> the same missile.

Agree completely. I'd like to see them in the same missile to
give them more flavour, but it's not neccessary. But in broad
terms, yes I think this is the way to go, your post puts it well.

Prev: Re: building a PDP-8 computer in your kitchen Next: Re: Thoughts on FB3