Prev: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises! Next: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!

Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!

From: Michael Llaneza <imperialdispatches@y...>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 12:58:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!

--- "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com> wrote:

> Tom Granvold wrote:
>
> > > Does anyone remember the old game called StarControl?    Didnt the
Sirens
> > > fly around in a rather suggestively shaped ship?	Their special
power
> being
> > > able to get the opposing crew to walk out the air lock where they
float
> > > around until the Sirens swoop by to take them on board.  Seems
like a
> ready
> > > made nemesis for the Phalons.
> > >	    This from the same came that gave us what sounded like "Lawn
> Spiders!"
> > > every time a certain ship launched fighters.  Quite a fun game
though.

> >    Was this a computer game or a board game?
> >
> > Enjoy,
> > Tom Granvold	    <thomas.granvold@eng.sun.com>
>
> A computer game.  There where at least two edditions.  StarControl,
and
> latter
> StarControl II.  I'm not sure if there was a third.
>
> IAS

Sort of:-)  There was a Star Control 3. It couldn't decide if it was an
adventure game, a resource management game, or a space combat game like
the
first two. It just got confusing to try and manage everything
(especially since
you had to fly your ship to where the colony you wanted to manage
was...). And
all this, and collecting clues to save the universe again. Don't pay
more than
US$10-15 for this, but others may enjoy it more than I did (and I will
admit to
occaoisnalkly considering taking another stab at it).

http://im.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises! Next: Re: Phalon ships = Giant penises!