Prev: Re: Indonesian Commonwealth[Long-ish] Next: re: Re: (FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters

re: FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 09:55:07 -0400
Subject: re: FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters

> Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 09:13:28 EDT
> From: GBailey@aol.com
> Subject: (FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters

> >  > >Class 0 Passive    All MASS    Bogey   None    None
> >  > >Class 0 Active All All MASS    Bogey   None
> >  >

[big snip]

> Speaking of centimeters, how does that play out using large
> miniatures?  We've talked about doing it, especially when someone
> does bring in high drive ships and get to speeds of 40+.  But all
> I can see is a big jumble of miniatures getting entangled, having
> all those fiddly bits knocked off (i.e. warp nacelles), for those
> trying to stay within area defense range of each other.  And I'm
> getting really tired of reglueing those fiddly bits back on (the old
> SFB minis are really bad for this).
>
> Glen

glen,

instead of centimeters, why not try the "half-inch" scale.  all
movement,
ranges, etc are increments of 0.5" instead of centimeters.  we have
tried
it a couple of times and it seems to work well.

dave

Prev: Re: Indonesian Commonwealth[Long-ish] Next: re: Re: (FT) Re: simple sensors, using centimeters