Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help!

Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 20:41:09 +0200
Subject: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

wargamergmw@juno.com wrote:

>SO, besides wanting to see the numbers/spreadsheet, say in the >shared
files (or sent to my attachment friendly account
>[WargamerGMW@hotmail.com]); I have a thought about the long term
>campaign idea to see if the progression of advancement of technology
>'pays for itself' (USA position) or not (much of the rest of the
world) >under either system.

>Does DS2 allow for this

No. It has tech systems which could be thought of as belonging to
different "tech generations", but that is all.

>or would this require another set of rules

Yes.

>HOW would you run such a campaign (short of number crunching on >your
computer)?

With lots of paperwork. Ask any veteran Starfire campaign gamer - I
don't really qualify as a veteran, having only played that game for 15
years or so...

>Also, are there 'standard' weapons system types?

All DSII weapon types are considered "standard".

>And if so, do they get the "mass production costs' benefit that new
>designs might not get?

No.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [SG2][DS2] Gauss Weapons vs. CPR Next: Re: [GZG-ECC and GZGPedia] I Need Your Help!