Prev: Re: Simple Sensors III Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.

Re: Simple Sensors III

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 13:05:52 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Simple Sensors III

On  1-May-00 at 12:49, Matthew Seidl (seidl@vex.cs.colorado.edu) wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:22:40 -0700, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker writes:
> >*All effects are solely for the ship mounting the system, though
> >information may be freely distributed to the rest of the fleet for
> >non-targeting purposes.
> >

> Any ideas on what an area effect system would end up costing?  Maybe
> massed as one class higher and effects everything in a 6" radius?
> Then can spend hits to increase the radius?

My vote would be for no area affect, or affect that can't do everything
the local one can.  If I were going to do area affect I would say
it _only_ can be used for increasing the range, and I'm not sure I
like what that would do for game balance.

A more pressing thing in my mind is how do you do drones that fake
being ships?  Maybe you have to do "battle riders" of mass 3 or
4?  Or allow drones that mass the same as a MT missile, fake being
a mass 30-50(?) hull and last X turns, possibly recoverable?

Roger

Prev: Re: Simple Sensors III Next: Re: DS2 Balance and stuff.