Prev: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR Next: Re: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question

Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:32:47 +0200
Subject: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

Steve Pugh wrote:

>>Rob, I'm afraid your argument doesn't hold (even in the absence of
>>the above) - only vehicle- or ground-mounted Heavy Weapons (ie, not
>>man-carried) have the 12 x target size range bands.
>>
>>GMS/P are not only neither vehicle- or ground-mounted, but they are
>>also not Heavy Weapons (they're Infantry Support Weapons, which
>>normally use the Small Arms range bands).
>
>My interpretation was that those Infantry Support Weapons which
>counted as Heavy Weapons when fired vs vehicles (ie those with an
>asterix next to the Impact in their stats) used the 12" range bands
>when vehicle or ground mounted. But the rules aren't very clear. Is
>this right?

I don't think so. The rules seem quite clear on what is a Heavy Weapon
(defined on p.29) and what is an Infantry Support Weapon, and although
the starred ISWs use the same *damage mechanics* as HWs against point
targets the rule describing that mechanic for the IWSs doesn't refer to
the HW rules.

As far as I can see they also aren't explicitly described as "counting
as Heavy Weapons" anywhere, so I don't think they can claim to use a
rule which very emphatically "ONLY" applies to vehicle- or
ground-mounted HWs. (The capital "ONLY" is quoted from the Heavy
Weapons Range Bands rule on p.37 <g>).

Jon or Mike, what do you say? You wrote this, after all...

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR Next: Re: RE: Breaking the trend with an FB2 question