Prev: Re: OT: Best quote on gun control... Next: Hitchhiker's guide quote [CLEAN STAMP]

Re: OT: Best quote on gun control...

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:00:29 -0400
Subject: Re: OT: Best quote on gun control...

<ias@sprintmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Very true regardless of what you believe...
>
> Please. WHY did you do this?

Because this topic was brought up before.  Because this quote helps shed
light
onto what is the heart of the problem.	And because no one else would.

> Do NOT bring gun control debates onto this list.

I'll do it agian if I believe it is needed.  If I am kicked off the
list, I will
get a new e-mail provider (a free one) and be back on in less than one
day...

> It's a motherhood issue and NO ONE ever changes their opinion about
it.

Opinions are rarely made or changed in a day.  But seeds can be planeted
that will
grow and flourish latter.

> This
> is not a sociology list, it's a gaming list.

Funny, my experience of sociology is that it is a rather stupid and very
expensive
game (in money and lives) played by highly degreed persons without the
intellectual capacity to do differential equations.

> There are gun control advocates
> on here, and there are NRA members on here, and there are people all
across
> the spectrum.

I don't care if people are offended by what I posted or not.  One of the
biggest
problems with the post-modern world is that people are too worried about
offending
others.  It is better to know what people think and why they think that.

> Off topic discussions like that is what is killing Usenet.

What's killing Usenet is live chat.  Why wait for e-mail when you can
participate
in a real time discussion.

> Don't
> let this list go the same way.

Then I suggest you start planning a crusade to prevent any chat rooms
with
specializing in GZG products...

IAS

Prev: Re: OT: Best quote on gun control... Next: Hitchhiker's guide quote [CLEAN STAMP]