Prev: [OT] Interesting Quote Next: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR

Simple Sensors II

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 20:52:55 -0700
Subject: Simple Sensors II

OK, now I've made these even MORE simple. One of the big differences is
in
the effects section. I've eliminated all the screen-like effects and
made
it solely range based: either combat or sensor.

Electronics Systems

To ensure that redesign of existing ships is NOT necessary, we'll give
ALL
ships a Class 0 system with the hull.

Class 1 Electronics - Mass 1
Class 2 Electronics - Mass 3
Class 3 Electronics - Mass 9
Class 4 Electronics - Mass 27...
Point Cost is Total Mass x 5

The Class 0 system will be inherent to all ships, so it should give the
same info that we get now:

Range (Info):	24"	48"	72"	96"	120"
Class 0 Passive All	Size	Bogey	None	None
Class 0 Active	All	All	Size	Bogey	None

Ships using Active detect & are DETECTED at the listed ranges.

Ships using active mode roll a number of dice equal to their sensor
class.
These dice are scored just like beam weapons, including re-rolls on a
natural 6. The "Hits" are then spent:

1 Hit - Increase/Decrease effective firing range by 3", OR
increase/decrease effective sensor range by 24", OR falsify Size
information by 1 size class*
2-3 Hits - Increase/Decrease effective firing range by 6", OR
increase/decrease effective sensor range by 48", OR falsify Size
information by 2 size classes*
4+ Hits - Increase/Decrease effective firing range by 12", OR
increase/decrease effective sensor range by 96", OR falsify Size
information by 3 size classes*

*Reported size class may only be altered for the ship mounting the
electronics system.

Prev: [OT] Interesting Quote Next: Re: GMS/P vs. IAVR