Prev: Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

From: rspainho <rspainho@m...>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 13:40:12 -0600
Subject: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

David Brewer wrote:

> They are not very different from Scimitars. They have the same
> 30mm RARDEN cannon and had a 7.62mm chaingun installed during the
> refit. These are the same weapons used on the Warrior APC.

7.62 mm CHAINGUN?  Are you quite sure it's not simply a recoil-operated
machinegun?

I suppose it'd be POSSIBLE to build a sub-20 mm chaingun, but the ROF
would be
very slow, and I can't for the life of me figure out why you'd want to,
when
cheap, accurate, reliable conventional-action 7.62mm machineguns are
readily
available.

--Rich Spainhour

Prev: Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle Next: Re: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle