Next: 7.62 chaingun? was Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:34:56 PDT
Subject: Re: UK Sabre CVR(T) type vehicle

I finally saved the images of the SABRE, Scimitar, and Scorpion, looked
at
all 3 at once, and realized that yeah, the SABRE is on a Scorpion
Chassis.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

I've been looking at all of the vehicles in that line, including the
Spartan
and Striker variants - I thought that, given the description and earlier

discussion, the Scorpion and Spartan would make great figures for the
Cataphract from Jerry Pournelle's Prince of Mercenaries books, and I'm
sure
with a little kit bashing the Spartan or Striker could be converted into
the
SPG version.

I'll go back to GHQ's site and look through the British vehicles to see
if I
can figure out on my own, before someone tells us, which armored car the

SABRE's turret is from. My question is, if it's so similar to the
Scimitar,
why did they bother? Or was it just a budget-saving move, since they had
the
Scorpions and the AC turrets already, and if so, what IS the main
British
Recce vehicle at this point in time?

Brian Bilderback