Prev: Re: EW Next: Re: The essence of miniatures

Re: Good books on Special Forces?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 00:24:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Good books on Special Forces?

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:45:26 +0200, "Oerjan Ohlson"
<oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
wrote:

>The title says most of it. A collegue of mine is interested in SF ops
>(not just US Special Forces, but any similar organisation), and is
>looking for books covering them in general (ie, not books like "Bravo
>Two Zero" which only cover one operation).
>
>Any advice?

I don't know if it's still in print, but I really enjoyed "Secret
Armies" by
James Adams. It's subtitled "Inside the American, Soviet and European
Special
Forces". My edition was from a book club and is dated 1987. It covers
Special
Forces use mostly in the post war. I think I'll re-read it sometime
soon. Very
good book and just what your friend is after.

If it's not in print, have your friend check "Bookfinders.com". This is
a good
site for getting out of print books. Good luck.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: EW Next: Re: The essence of miniatures