Prev: Re: Fog of War again Next: Re: We're No. '1' :)

Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:26:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

At 07:20 AM 4/12/00 -0500, you wrote:

>>Come to think of it, though, here's another idea that might work.  I
have
>>this great stuff called "U Knead It" --
>>-- or substitute Blue-Tak, that stuff that's used to hang posters
>
>I've always thought these seemed a bit greasy. I'm sure the next step
for
>some folks would be to lay down small blobs, then overlay with bigger
blobs
>for a third spray, to make stepped camo.
>
>My question ends up, and I understand it will have to wait the attempt,
>will you have to surface clean again? Course, anyone wanting to clear
coat
>will be interested in the answer...

It shouldn't be a problem.  I use the stuff on the bottoms of
miniatures,
and it's had no effect on the primer (or the paint) there.  No residue,
other than the occasional fragment of the substance.  And that's easy
enough to remove -- just press a large blob of the tacky stuff agains
the
miniature, and when you pull it away it takes the little bits away with
it.

To tie this into another thread, I'm going to give it a test run on some
Stan Johansen saucer-shaped tanks.  They are big enough, and flat
enough,
to do a good job on.  And I have a lot of them, so it'll give me another
good sized force to play with.

I'll work on it this weekend.  I'm going to want to give each coat at
least
24 hours to dry, so it's going to take some time.  Not as much time as
doing it by hand, though.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Fog of War again Next: Re: We're No. '1' :)