Prev: Re: Fog of War again Next: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

Support Weapons in SGII

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:37:59 -0400
Subject: Support Weapons in SGII

I've been introducing some of the guys in the barracks to Stargrunt II.
Some of them have taken to it like a fish to water--indeed, my copy of
the rule book got taken to Hohenfels and practically destroyed.  Anyway,
there has been some discussion of the holes in the support weapons
list.  So I scoured the internet, and filled in the hole myself, and I
present the new-and-improved machine gun/grenade launcher list.  * is
the list in book.  No mods to the real SF stuff (PPIG, etc).

			FP	Impact		Historical
*Conventional SAW	d8	d10		M-249/Minimi

GPMG  One crewman	d8	d10		M-240B/FN MAG
      Two Crewmen	d10	d10		I got this idea from
Los's Lusitanians.  Not
that if 						vehicle-mtd,
always fires at the 'two crewmen' rate.

*Gauss SAW		d10	d12		N/A

HMG			d10	d12*		M2.  Double range bands.
 Requires 3 men to move.  Found
this						on a web page somewhere,
and I don't remember who's.

Grenade Launcher	d6	d10*		M79, M-203.
Large-caliber with slow rate of
fire.  If combined						with
rifle, can fire one or the other per
turn.  * represents						shaped
charge warhead was point targets.
Inspired by Los'
Lusitanians.

*Automatic Grenade Lcr	d12	d8		Automatic version of the
low-velocity 2cm
GL that is combined						with
(for instance) the NSL assault rifle.
Not big enough to
						merit a *

Heavy Auto GL		d12	d10*		MK-19.	Large caliber,
w/ shaped charge warhead
vs. armor.						Double range
bands, requires 3 men to move as per HMG.

That's the list we are using to run our games--not much new, but stuff
that's scattered around a bit.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Fog of War again Next: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II