Prev: Re: SG2: Help, Questions on game play Next: Support Weapons in SGII

Re: Fog of War again

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:02:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Fog of War again

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

>  Putting in a rigid coordinate system, IMHO, transforms the game into
> boardgame played with nicely painted tokens instead of cardboard
chits.

Not necessarily.  Put your coordinates in a 6-digit format.  1/10th of
an inch is small enough that it shouldn't hamper your ability to put
stuff where ever you want it.

>  Actually, the way I'd do carriers would be to set up the task forces
on
> *separate* tables -- the ships are never going to be within visual
range
> anyway -- play out the search stage on paper/computer and then deploy
> aircraft minis for the strikes. Given the speed differential, the
ships
> would be effectively immobile on the table.

Yeah.  In fact, one possibility would be to use any one of the published
map-and-chit games on the subject for the search stage, then instead of
resolving the strike using their rules, to switch to a map table.

>  OTOH, it's not my money if someone decides his Ferrari Spider is the
> perfect vehicle for Offroad Championship racing...

If he, being young and unskillful, plays for shekels of silver and gold,
Take his money my son, praising Allah.	The kid was ordained to be sold.
		--Kipling

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: SG2: Help, Questions on game play Next: Support Weapons in SGII