Prev: Welcome back Mikko! John A! [OT] Next: Re: books

Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 20:30:17 -0400
Subject: Re: Airbrushing Chronicles Part II

Marcus Seifertius declaimed:
> OH!  While I'm on the topic, does anyone have suggestions on
>airbrushing small figs like DSII vehicles and DP9 gears?

Well, this isn't exactly airbrushing, and I haven't done it yet
so results not guaranteed, but this is what I'm planning:

Prime and basecoat your vehicle.  This is going to be one of the
Ba'Das KV tanks so we'll make it dark metallic purple.
Take card stock or similar material (probably a shoe box lid)
and cut out narrow, closely-spaced slits.
Arrange your vehicles, then put the card over them, not touching
but close.
Spray the card with your second color (metallic teal).

I _think_ what will happen is you'll get fuzzy-edged stripes.
Greater distance from vehicle to card means fuzzier
stripes--place them too far apart and your "stripes" will
overlap.  I think.

Then pick out details in bronze.

I'll try it out and let you know.
Probably August.

Prev: Welcome back Mikko! John A! [OT] Next: Re: books