Prev: Re: MT missiles and point costs Next: Re: Infantry Walkers for Stargrunt - from Heavy Gear figs...

FT: EW

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:56:03 EDT
Subject: FT: EW

Just modifying the effective range without die rolls is a good
idea.  We should look at FB1 ships not having sensors &
jammers as a good thing.  This means we can throw out
the MT stuff and do it differently.  Besides, if the enemy
doesn't have jammers, and sensors cannot improve our
chances beyond what the normal FCs do, then why have
those expensive components?

I'm not sure about sensors, but the current MT jammers
are out of line for effecting combat.  A small ship with an
MT jammer pays a higher percentage cost than a large
ship for the same effect.

So if we're going to have jammers that affect combat, then
they too should be based on a % of the ship.  To go with
MT terminology, costs would be some multiple (say x10?):
Enhanced jammer, mass 5%, +6" range
Superior Jammer, mass 10%, +12" range

Now for sensors/scanners that negate jamming we could
keep them as a set mass & cost, but require one for
each FC that wants to negate jamming.  They would reduce
the range modification of jammers, Enhanced -6" &
Superior -12".

Glen

Prev: Re: MT missiles and point costs Next: Re: Infantry Walkers for Stargrunt - from Heavy Gear figs...