Prev: FT: EW suggestion/response Next: EW

Re: MT missiles

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 21:37:32 +0200
Subject: Re: MT missiles

Glen Bailey wrote:

>Where is it written that FB1 PDS take out MT missiles on 4-6?

Page 7, Point Defence Systems: "Each Point Defence System (PDS) on a
ship may fire once per turn, either as an anti-fighter or anti-missile
defence weapon. In either case roll 1 D6 per PDS: scores of 1-3 have no
effect, 4 and 5 kill ONE missile or fighter, while a 5 kills two and
allows a reroll)."

A bit earlier but still on page 7, Class-1 beam batteries as
point-defence: "...Class-1beam systems may act as secondary
point-defence systems against both fighters or missiles; in this role
they fire as for a PDS, but roolls of 1-4 are misses, while 5 or 6 each
kill ONE missile or fighter ..."

In both cases, the use of "missile" (which includes both SMs and MTMs)
instead of "salvo missile" (ie, SMs only) is intentional. Indeed, the
term "missile salvo" (which is different from "Salvo Missile") *also*
refers to both types, since each MTMs are considered to a salvo in its
own right (for PDS targetting etc). The FB1 section of the FT FAQ
mentions this in a question about fighter screens and MTMs, BTW.

>I had to defend that ruling the other night without it being written
>to show to the others, they were skeptical of my recalling of
>Oerjan's post. Guess your name doesn't carry that much weight over
>here, Oerjan. :)

Look under "Playtesters" at the bottom of page 1 in FB1 :-/ I suspect
you'll recognize quite a few of the names there <g>

>Btw, how do you pronounce your name?

It's in the list archives somewhere, but to reiterate:

"Oe" as "E" in "Ernie" or "i" in "Bird"
"r" is obvious
"j" as "y" in "yes"
"a" as "u" in "cut"
"n" is obvious

Or, if you happen to be North Welsh, almost identical to "Urien" :-/

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: FT: EW suggestion/response Next: EW