Prev: Infantry Walkers for Stargrunt - from Heavy Gear figs... Next: Phalon Society

Re: Infantry Walkers for Stargrunt - from Heavy Gear figs...

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 16:15:14 PDT
Subject: Re: Infantry Walkers for Stargrunt - from Heavy Gear figs...

Sounds like you've done a lot of work on this stuff.  I assumed HG would
be
more easily converted to SG than to DS.  Thanks for the input.	In some
ways, it would seem, DS makes it easier to build them,	especially DS'
movement rules and the issue of the wheels - the simple house rule I
proposed seems to cover it with little or no effort.

As for the weaponry, I don't know what the stats, ranges and such are in
HG,
I just went with what I saw on the boxes of figures I looked at. It
looks
like gears use a lot of multi-tubed rocket launchers.  This seems to
equate
to a SLAM.  If you have a class 2 walker, it could carry a SLAM 3.  As
for
space limitations, I don't know about SG, but in DS, walker arms are
treated
special.  You count the space for an arm-mounted weapon as for a fixed
mount
on any other vehicle, hence they don't take up as much space.  I figured
the
hand-held weapons used by gears would translate easily as APSW's and
RFAC's,
but again, I could be wrong.  ALso, once you bring them into the DSII
universe, you really broaden their choice of weaponry.	The heavy
Infantry
Support Walker I came up with is a class 2, equipped with a DFFG 3 and a

GMS/H.	Firecon on the DFFG is enhanced, on the GMS it's superior.  The
DFFG
is an effective anti-personnel weapon, and capable of dealing with
almost
anything up close, while the GMS/H gives it decent standoff capability.
call it the S2P-C1 Sorceror (Cascadian designation system - my own
construct).

Brian Bilderback