Prev: Re: New GZG Player Questions Next: RE: FB2

RE: Airbrushes II

From: Tim Jones <timcjones@w...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 22:48:13 +0100
Subject: RE: Airbrushes II

On Wednesday, April 05, 2000 11:27 PM, Thomas.Barclay
[SMTP:Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca] wrote:
> A follow up question:
>
> Do airbrushes only operate with acryclics? Seems to me that they'd
work on
> alkyd (oil) based paints also (like the Humbrols) if they were thinned
a bit
> with (surprisingly) Paint Thinner. You'd have to clean them up with
thinner,
> but unless there is some part of the mechanism subject to damage from
oil
> based paints or thinners, then they should work too... shouldn't they?

I disagree with Scott, Good (expensive) air brushes hate enamels as they
clog too easily as they have very fine needles, you need a brush
designed
to use them like the Humbrol.

I always use air brush liquid sprey 'reamer' to clean the air brush,
it gets rid of *anything* (enamel, acrylic, ink) get it where you buy
frisket film. Its one spray of reamer or about 20 mls of normal thinner,
no contest.

Air brushes are designed to take normal solvent abuse, except things
like
methylene chloride.

__
Tim

Prev: Re: New GZG Player Questions Next: RE: FB2