Prev: RE: Airbrushing, masking, and Frisket Next: RE: Airbrushes II

Re: New GZG Player Questions

From: "Carl Stovell" <carl.stovell@c...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 22:43:41 +0100
Subject: Re: New GZG Player Questions

Thanks Jeff (re: the FT2 passenger rules), and thanks also to the other
replies my newbie questions received :)
Checking the archives now.

Here's another couple of points/queries.  (Please feel free to just
point me
back at the archives if this is old topics)
Also, I realise (and have) made up home brew rules for these situations
but
would be interested in hearing other takes on the issues, from better
players/umpires than myself.

SGII

Snipers.

Shouldn't the chance of being spotted on the quality die roll when a
Sniper
shoots, increase each time he shoots from the same position, to
represent
more chance of being discovered the longer he holds out in one place?  I
feel this would allow snipers to be used without unbalancing play so
much.
It would force them to move on sooner.	Perhaps this would include a cap
of
say 4. So the chance of being spotted doesnt get incrementally unfairly
high.

i.e. chance of being spotted is 1, to a max of 4 (1 higher per turn in
same
position) on whatever quality die the sniper rolls.

Can you close assault a defendable position which has hidden counters in
it?
Especially sniper dummy counters (which is my main reason for asking).
The
rules suggest this by using the word 'hiding' but I'm not sure they
meant
HIDDEN counters as opposed to in cover.

Ok, I admit, I was pasted well and truly by a sniper, so I'm looking for
ways of gettin back at em. :)

Regards.
Carl Stovell.
Newcastle, England.
--

> >The ground/space interface rules in More Thrust give a ratio of 12.5
> >infantry soldiers + equipment per FT/MT Mass; 1 Mass in FT/MT is
> >roughly 2 Mass in the FB design system, so about 6-7 soldiers per
Mass