Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy Next: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements

Re: MT missiles and point costs

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:20:58 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: MT missiles and point costs

On  6-Apr-00 at 16:03, Reen-Shuler Adrian (reen-shuler.a@mellon.com)
wrote:
> Not all the EMP results are just 1 in 6 chance of system failure.  I
don't
> have the book in front of me,  but I think chance of failure may go as
high
> as 50%.  Granted the missile only has a 1 in 6 chance of causing that
> result, but still, it's bad news.

The EMP missile causes a threshold check.  If you use it on uninjured
ships it has a 1/6 chance of thresholding it.  You can get a 50% chance
by hitting a ship that has 3 damage tracks gone, but usually by that
point the ship is a mission kill and not worth wasting a missile on.

Roger

Prev: Re: Vehicle Design Philosophy Next: Re: FT - Large scale fleet engagements