Prev: Phalon and Sa'Vasku encounters on starmaps? Next: Re: New GZG Player Questions

RE: Airbrushes [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <Rick@e...>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:39:56 -0400
Subject: RE: Airbrushes [CLEAN STAMP]

Hi Thomas,

If you have a choice, I'd recommend getting a double-action airbrush.
It doesn't cost that much extra, and it gives you more control over
the paint. It won't make a difference to you at first, but when you
get used to using the airbrush, you'll be glad you have it.

Frisket is really useful for large figures, like 25mm scale vehicles,
but as someone else said, it's practically useless for micro-armor
or 25mm human/alien figures.

You can get frisket at art supply stores, and in general, you get
what you pay for. Every time I've used the cheaper stuff (the
"Badger" brand frisket in the USA -- the same company that makes
Badger airbrushes), I've had problems with it. When I get the
more expensive frisket, however, it behaves much more nicely --
it conforms to the irregular surfaces better, it's easier to cut,
it prevents the paint from bleeding underneath the mask, and it's
easier to un-stick from the figure when you're done with it.

-- Rick Rutherford
Redundant Interpreter Command Kernel
Random Upgradable Turbo Host Equipment Register w/ Fully-Oriented
Driver

======
04/06/00 09:44:27

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and itÂ’s customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======

Prev: Phalon and Sa'Vasku encounters on starmaps? Next: Re: New GZG Player Questions