Prev: Re: New GZG Player Questions Next: RE: New GZG Player Questions

Re: New GZG Player Questions and Bugs Don't Surf

From: aebrain@d...
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 01:59:39 GMT
Subject: Re: New GZG Player Questions and Bugs Don't Surf

>I'm just starting out playing Full Thrust 2

Congrats.

>Oh and we've enjoyed a good few games besides. :)

Not Surprised.

>What is the recommended actual passenger capacity for each 1 passenger
space

>allotted during ship creation?

Good Question. 10 seems about right. 20 if packed like sardines.

>Secondly, why have I seen damage control icons on some ship builder
progs,

>when the rules say you have a DCP per crew factor, as simple as that.

A change between the original Full Thrust 2nd edition + More Thrust
(otherwise
known as FT2/MT) and the Fleet Book (known as FB or FB1) which changed
the design
rules.

FT2/MT ships have 4 arcs for weaponry, FB1 ships have 6 arcs.
In FT2/MT you could buy extra DCPs, to go with the 1,2, or 3 you got
free depending
on the "class" of ship. In FB1, you get 1 DCP per crew factor, a more
simple
and better arrangement.

Basically, FT is actually FT2.5 or even 2.6 now that Fleet Book 2 is
out. We
really need another edition to tidy things up. Either FT3 or a combined
FT3/FB3
which will have things like MT missiles, basic movement rules,
consolidated
ship designs etc. It might even be worthwhile having a CD attached with
some
programs for making SSDs, ship design spreadsheets etc. (additional cost
would
be only $5 or 2 pounds max).

But right now, the Ground Pounders are baying for "Bugs Don't Surf". Jon
is
busy mopping up after a tour de force (FB2) which by all accounts will
be a
smashing success, with more orders than he can possibly process. So you
can
expect some time this century or next:

Bugs Don't Surf:
Which will contain some or all of:
*Rules and designs for Aliens in DS-II,
*Rules and vehicle designs for Aliens in SG-II,
*More Background,
*Revised interface for Ground-Space for SG-II (including boarding
actions, and
Damage Control Parties vs the Dreaded SuVasku Leech Torpedo)
*Scenarios for DS-II
*Scenarios for SG-II
*Scenarios for FT involving planets, which will contain any revised
rules for
entering orbit, ortillery, landing ships, interface with DS-II

THEN maybe Fleet Book 3, containing rules and designs for the extremely
popular
(coolness factor about 5 deg Kelvin) UN ships, amongst others.
Or Full Thrust Version 3, which wraps it all together.

Maybe. I think. Ask Jon, but give the poor guy a rest, he's earned it.
And remember,
all of this stuff needs playtesting thoroughly before publication. The
Aliens
in FB2 were probably not playtested as well as they should have been in
an ideal
world, but were far more thoroughly playtested than any other gaming
product
I can think of, by several independent groups.

Prev: Re: New GZG Player Questions Next: RE: New GZG Player Questions