Prev: Re: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language Next: Re: FB2

The Joys of Air Brushing.

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <siefert@m...>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 23:33:47 -0500
Subject: The Joys of Air Brushing.

Hello All:

	Well, I finally broke down and bought my own air brush.  Just
this
evening I made my first attempt at painting something with it.	The
subject was a 25mm Demos grav tank that I've been sitting on since Gen
Con.  After giving the model a black undercoat, I decided that I would
paint the tank U.S. green with olive drab tiger stripes.  Following the
directions in the cheap airbrushing guide I picked up, I started with
the lighter color (olive drab) and gave the main hull a coat of olive
drab.  Tomorrow, I'll mask off the stripes, and then spray of the
green.	Needless to say, it was a lot faster than using a traditional
brush and (despite the clean up) was a lot more fun.

	If all goes well, it should be quite a striking model.	If
not... my
tank will be getting a Formula 409 bath.  In the meantime, does anyone
have any over all tips or suggestions about air brushing figs?

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"Let joy be unconfined. Let there be dancing in the streets,
	drinking in the saloons, and necking in the parlor."

				      --Groucho Marx (as Otis Driftwood)
					"A Night At the Opera"

E-MAIL: siefert@milwpc.com	      WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: Top Ten List was Re: KV Language Next: Re: FB2