Prev: Re: Interesting Birthday Cake Next: Re: DS II: Just to make trouble

Re: DS II: Just to make trouble

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@p...>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:36:29 +0100
Subject: Re: DS II: Just to make trouble

> > The .50 cal/12.7 mm HMG would definitely be an APSW, right? On the
> > heavy end, but still an APSW.
> >
> > A 20 mm autocannon would be an RFAC 1, according to the book....
> >
> > So where does the Soviet KPV (14.5 mm)fit? APSW or RFAC 1????

I'm with calling it an APSW.

> On the contrary, I believe a 5.56mm LMG is a Light APSW,

Naw, that would be included in the ordinary squard firearms

"Most [rifle] teams will also contain a light team-support weapon (an
LMG or GPMG equivalent), but this is NOT considered a separate weapon
for firepower purposes - its effect is factored into the overall
'personal arms' firepower of the team." -DSII p13

In SGII they're SAWs of course.

> a 7.62mm MMG
> is a APSW, while a 12.7mm (0.50 cal) is most definitely a Heavy APSW.

Both would be APSWs.

"The term [APSW] is used here to cover such weapons in as
conventional Medium or Heavy Machine Guns..." - DSII p35

My problem has been more how to treat HMGs in SGII. I developed rules
for Heavy Support Weapons, but quite like the look of the class
one/personal rules that Brian Bell posted recently. Time to do some
number crunching and playtesting and see how they compare.

	Steve

--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: Re: Interesting Birthday Cake Next: Re: DS II: Just to make trouble