Prev: RE: [ds] BB's HBT (was: RE: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT) Next: DS/SG/GZGverse Just how many troops are being transported?

Re: [ds] BB's HBT (was: RE: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT)

From: "Kevin Walker" <sage5@h...>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:40:43 -0600
Subject: Re: [ds] BB's HBT (was: RE: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT)

> These were done using Andy Cowell's DSII generation page.
> I think the error might be in your program, as the first BPV uses 110%
> armour cost (5 x 20 + 10) & the second uses 90% armour cost (4 x 20 +
10).
> I'm not sure where you got 150% & 120% from.

Hmmm...  the 120% was from 4 x 20% (base armor) +  4 x 10% (ablative
additional cost) for 120% and the 150% was 5 x 20% (base armor) + 5 x
10% (ablative additional cost).  The section in the building rules on
this can be easily misread - "ABLATIVE or REACTIVE armour each cost
and ADDITIONAL 10% of the VSP per level of the Armour; eg: Armour 2R
cost 60% of VSP in total".

I sure hope it's not a problem in my application.  I don't have any
time to go back and review it at the moment <G>.  Oh well...  it could
be.  Even a month of outside beta testing doesn't catch everything.
The application was originally going to be sold as a utility for DS2
unfortunately it didn't end up being feasible to master CDs and sell.
Oh well...

Later,

Kevin Walker
sage5@home.com

Prev: RE: [ds] BB's HBT (was: RE: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT) Next: DS/SG/GZGverse Just how many troops are being transported?