Prev: Re: Dice For Beth Next: Re: What is AoG thinking?

[ds] BB's HBT (was: RE: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT)

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:45:46 +1000
Subject: [ds] BB's HBT (was: RE: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT)

This vehicle might look impressive, & survive lots of things thrown at
it,
but it still dies to the first *boom* chit drawn it's way.  Check out
the V2
below it which I have modified; I've downsized it 1 class, & discarded
some
of the unneccessary bells & whistles.  The ablative is still not
necessary,
but only cost an extra 7 points overall, so I left it in.  This more
than
halves the cost of your ubervehicle, yet retains the offensive firepower
of
the original.

Due to the balancing nature of the boom, I have found that numbers are
more
important than survivability, and stealth/ecm more important than
armour.

*****
Original version
Equipment Item				   VSP : BVP	 Spaces   Cost
Vehicle, class 5				25 :  0 	 25
25
Armor class 5, Ablative 		25 : 53 	 25	53
Fusion Generation Plant 		25 : 53 	 25	85
Fast tracked				25 : 53 	 25    106
Amphibious				25 : 53 	 25    117
1 class 5 MDC in Full traverse turret	25 : 53 	 10    167
   with Superior fire control		25 : 53 	 10    197
1 class 2 DFFG in Full traverse turret	25 : 53 	  6    227
2 APSW's				25 : 53 	  5    231
Superior ECM				25 : 53 	  5    276
Level 4 stealth 			25 : 53 	  5    676
Superior PDS				25 : 53 	  1    736
APFC belt				25 : 53 	  0    761
Backup systems				25 : 53 	  0    904

Version 2
Equipment Item				   VSP : BVP	 Spaces   Cost
Vehicle, class 4				20 :  0 	 20
20
Armor class 4, Ablative 		20 : 38 	 20	38
Fusion Generation Plant 		20 : 38 	 20	61
Fast tracked				20 : 38 	 20	76
Amphibious				20 : 38 	 20	84
1 class 5 MDC in Full traverse turret	20 : 38 	  5    134
   with Superior fire control		20 : 38 	  5    164
1 class 2 DFFG in Full traverse turret	20 : 38 	  1    194
2 APSW's				20 : 38 	  0    198
Superior ECM				20 : 38 	  0    243
Level 2 stealth 			20 : 38 	  0    403

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu
[pirates] Prince Rupert Raspberry; Base Commander